Sunday, May 3, 2015

Peyton's Baptism Banner

I'm back! I know I have been a little MIA, but life & work have just been crazy. So back to sweet Peyton's baptism.  For Addy's baptism party, I did this banner from doilies from the Dollar Tree & I just loved it.  I wanted to do something similar for Peyton's baptism lunch.  
 I started with the same doilies from the Dollar Tree.  You can get 18 of them for $1.  Talk about a deal.  Because I wanted a gold & pink theme, I spray painted them gold.  These are just paper doilies so they spray painted really well.  
After they dried, I took some gold & white patterned papers & cut out 6 inch circles.  Then I used a  Martha Stewart circle edge punch to make scalloped edges.  
Then I used my new Cricut to cut out the pink letters.  I just realized this may be my first banner post after getting my Cricut.  This was my big Christmas present. It was on sale with Amazon over Christmas & my sweet hubby bought me one.  I was so pumped.  It makes cutting letters so easy.  If you don't have a Cricut, no worries.  I used stencils & scissors for a long time & it turned out just as cute. ; ) 


  After gluing on all of the scalloped circles & letters, I used the clear line I use for most of my banners to tie the different letters together & then to pin the words to the ceiling to hang them.  I wish that the lighting had been better so you could read the words in the picture, but it said "God Bless Peyton".  It was a sweet banner for a sweet girl. : ) 

Main Baptism Party Post
Pinwheel Cross Post
Baptism Banner Post
Southern Ham Delights

No comments:

Post a Comment