Saturday, May 30, 2015

Graduation Cupcakes

Oh my goodness, May has been insane.  Between work, traveling for work, dance recitals, soccer games, and even a little vacation time, it has been a madhouse.  A wonderful madhouse, but still pretty crazy.  So I have been a little MIA.  But I am back...for the weekend before I have to go to a conference.  Haha.  I know all of you have probably had just as crazy of Mays.  And with May comes graduations.  My little ones are too small for graduations, but each year my law clerks graduate from law school & move on into the real world.  One of my clerks turned into a dear friend of mine and when she left, I made her some cute graduation cupcakes.  These are so easy & super cute.  
Here is what you need: 
Cupcake mix
Icing
24 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Squares
Mini M&Ms
Twizzlers
I started with cupcakes.  These look chocolate, but are actually the same Guinness cupcakes that I had made for my grandfather's birthday at his 90th Vintage Beer-themed Birthday party.  These are delicious, but regular chocolate would do if that's what you or your graduate would rather have.  It's also a lot less time consuming when you have graduation parties to get to. : ) 
Then you just frost up the cupcakes.  I did use chocolate icing.  The rich fudge kind.  Yummo.
Now the rest is pretty much candy.  Delicious, right?  Take Reese's peanut butter cups & turn them upside down onto of the iced cupcakes.  Take some of the icing & put it onto of the Reese's cup to place a square of chocolate.  Honestly, I should have just bought already squared chocolate because this was the hardest part...breaking the chocolate into even squares.  Isn't that crazy?  But what are you to do when you break a lot of uneven chocolate?  Eat it of course. ; ) 
Anyway, use some more icing & put a mini M&M on top of the chocolate square.  I had then cut up some Twizzlers to make the tassle.  Use some icing to attach it as well.  And there you have graduation cupcakes.  These were a big hit & pretty delicious.  Happy end of May everyone!  I hope your summers are starting out wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment