Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Next Chapter: Book Themed Baby Shower

Catch My Party
One of my dear friends from law school is having a baby girl in January. She is currently living up in DC, but came down for the Thanksgiving holidays. She really wanted to fill up the baby's bookshelves, so we had her a baby book shower. I have to say, I am in love with this baby shower because I love books. My mom was a librarian when I was growing up & is now a director of a library nearby. I grew up surrounded by books at home & when I went to work with my mom. There are books all over my house, both for adults & for kids. I believe that time with books is a very special time & I was so excited for us to fill up Baby Graham's bookshelves. Something else I was excited about? How many cute ideas you can do with a book shower. First things first, I decided on a menu that would go along with the books I wanted to use as decorations on the table.  I knew I wanted it to be a brunch because who doesn't love a good brunch?  To me, brunch signifies a day I don't have to go to work, so I love it even more. : )  Luckily, there are so many cute books to go with a brunch. 

The Very Hungry Caterpillar & Clementine - Fruit Salad

If You Give a Moose a Muffin - Muffins

Green Eggs & Ham - Mini Quiches

If You Give a Dog a Donut - Donuts

Of course we had to have some sweets.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie - Cookies

The Giving Tree - Caramel Apple Cupcakes

We also had a couple of snack foods.
Counting Kisses - Hershey's kisses

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish - Rainbow Goldfish

Pinkalicious - pink lemonade

I also made breakfast casseroles & southern crockpot grits even though I didn't have books that went along with those dishes because in the South, you can't really have a brunch without grits. I had some extra books set up in front of those dishes, mostly to fill space.  This shower was so much fun to put together & so much fun to host.  Books can get expensive, so I checked out Goodwill where children's books are 50 cent.  You can't beat that.  I found some in perfect shape.  I also found some great books at Ollie's Outlet where books are usually under $5.  For the other books, we split them up & got most off of Amazon because they have great prices.  I obviously used the books as decorations, but for other decorations from this party, check out here for the book baby shower banner, here for the mini-books cupcake picks & here for the book pedestal cupcake stands.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

See Other Posts About This Party

1 comment: