Friday, October 17, 2014

Ladies Who Lunch

You all know I love a real planned out theme party.  However, sometimes it's just not a themed occasion or you have to throw a table together on the fly.  But you still want your table to look nice, right?  Of course!  : )  A couple of months ago, I had some of my best friends from law school & their kids over for a lunch/play date.  Planning a lunch for kids & adults can be a little trying sometimes (especially since we all have picky toddlers right now) so for this party, I kept the menu simple with cheese & crackers, fruit, pimento cheese & chicken salad with rolls/crackers, potato salad & pasta salad.  
To spruce up the table, I used a grey piece of flowered fabric across the table & bought some stargazer lilies (one of my absolute favorites, I only wish they had bloomed a little more).  I tend to like a really balanced table, so I loved that the height of the flowers balanced the tiered serving tray.  For a little something special, I printed out pictures of us throughout the 8 years we have now known each other & put them in glass candle holders as the centerpiece of our table.  It was a lot of fun to look at pictures of us throughout the years, while celebrating this next generation of friends with our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment