Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jack-o-latern Cheeseball

Throwback Thursday to a Halloween many moons ago.  When we were back in law school, Halloween was my friend Natalie's thing.  She threw the best Halloween parties.  We'd all make lots of delicious snacks, dress up in our best costumes & party the night away.  Life before children obviously...now it would probably take me a couple of days to recoup from one of those parties. ; ) One year, I morphed my usual cheeseball recipe into a pumpkin.  I followed my usual recipe, but instead of rolling it in chili powder at the end, I mixed it into the main mix.  Then I used a green pepper to make the jack-o-lantern face.

Here is the recipe for the cheeseball.  You can find it & more of my cheeseball creations on my cheeseball page.  : )

 2 cups of sharp shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz of cream cheese (2 standard bars)
1/2 cups pecans, chipped
2-3 tablespoons of Worchestershire sauce
2-3 tablespoons of garlic powder
2-3 tablespoons of onion powder
2-3 tablespoons of chili powder

Take all of the ingredients & mix together & roll into a ball.  I flattened this down a little more to make more of a pumpkin shape.  Refrigerate overnight to make sure it firms up.  Take out about 20-30 mins before you want to serve it so it will be soft enough to eat with crackers.  I serve Wheat Thins with the cheeseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment