Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Year's Eve 2012

For Throwback Thursday, we are throwing back to New Year's Eve 2012.  I always have to work on New Year's Eve (unless it's on a weekend), so I never have a lot of time to get stuff together.  That being said, I love having our friends over to ring in the New Year & I wanted 2013 to start no other way.  I love black & gold together for parties & something about it just seems very NYE appropriate.  I also love wine & wine corks & you can find wine corks throughout my house in different vases, jars, etc.  So that was the basis of my decorations.
 I have a gold tablecloth from a Christmas many moons ago.  I threw it on a table, took some of the jewel tone candles/candleholders from my guest room & put them on the table.  I put some glittered black, gold & silver Christmas ball ornaments & wine corks in some glass containers & some gold tinsel garland that I am not sure why I even have & put those on the tables too.
 The only thing I purchased for this party were the hanging decorations & the party horns from Party City (oh, and party hats of course, you have to have party hats on NYE).  I went with the hanging decorations because some of them have these cute little clocks in the middle of the paper fans.  Of course they didn't show up in the pictures very well. 
 Because we start celebrating NYE so early in the evening & end so late (I swear it's like the only night we can even make it up past midnight these days), I focus more on good food & hanging out than on the decorations.  And this particular year, our rival football team had a NYE bowl game & we had to be ready to vehemently pull against them. : )  

So we made a ton of BBQ (it is the South after all) & lots of apps & desserts & we watched some football, had some cocktails & rang in 2013 the way I hope everyone did...with those that we love.  Happy Throwback Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment